Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Psychologist / Kaimātai Hinengaro - Youth Forensic (Hawkes Bay/Palmerston North)
Location: Hawkes Bay / Palmerston North (0.5 Mid Central and 0.5 Whanganui)
Contract: Full time/part time, Permanent
About the role
To provide high quality clinical psychology service in the assessment and treatment of clients, ensuring the clients needs are met in a culturally, clinically and legally safe manner. You will work as part of multidisciplinary teams to provide psychological assessments and interventions to young people in residential units (CYFS).
- Provide psychological assessments to the youth court for youth aged 12-17.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and diagnose young people experiencing a range of issues including co-existing mental health and addiction issues.
- Develop sound psychological formulations based on thorough assessments.
- Consult with other services and provide support for functioning and development of their teams and the organisation as a whole.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology and Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Psychology as Vocational Scope of Practice
- Experience working with youth in the Forensic and or Mental Health pathways
- Current annual practising certificate
- Full Drivers Licence
About Te Korowai Whariki:
Te Korowai Whariki is part of the Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Service, 3DHB, which covers the central regions including Wellington, Manawatu, Whanganui, Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa and Tairawhiti regions. There are four specific areas of provision: Courts, Prisons, Inpatient settings and Community. This role is Gisborne based.
In the Prison setting:
- Mental health screening and assessment, case management and treatment
- On release of the person from Prison referring the person to a Community Mental health Service.
In the Court Setting:
- Providing advice, mental state and risk assessment, and recommendation to judiciary.
- Liaising and informal advice to a variety of Criminal Justice agencies including advocates, Police, Probation Services and Corrections staff.
You will utilise your clinical and medico-legal knowledge and skills to provide therapeutic treatment of those persons identified as having or who may have a mental health and addiction problem.
We are a progressive service committed to providing a culture of ongoing professional development for staff through regular clinical supervision, regular in-service training and support towards external education.
About our organisation:
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply:
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the recent health order, applicants must have had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine AND their second dose.
We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email email@example.com
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed