Rehabilitation Physician 1.0FTE
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has the equivalent of around 4,300 full time staff, making us a major employer in the Wellington region. We are also the leading provider of a number of specialist services, including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care, specialised mental health services and support a population of about 900,000 people. Our DHB has an annual budget of more than $1 billion, which we use to deliver health services directly and contract external providers to provide care, such as general practices, rest homes and pharmacists.
Wellington is New Zealand’s capital. It is a “foodies” paradise, cultural art-loving harbour city, and a place you quickly begin to call home. Wellington has been named the best place to live in the world by Deutsche Bank’s 2017 study of 47 cities globally ranked. According to Deutsche Bank, it is also officially the city with the world's highest quality of life and has the least pollution of any city ranked.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provision of consultant rehabilitation physician care to inpatients and outpatient of the ORA ( Older Adult, Rehabilitation and Allied Health) service based at Kenepuru Hospital. This includes co-operative leadership and the maintenance of a collaborative and collegial professional environment
- Provide consultant services to inpatients and outpatients
- Mentor junior medical staff in accordance with requirements of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the New Zealand Medical Council
- Encourage innovation and quality in the development of services and to provide a strategic view of the direction for future service development
- Participate in an oncall roster with rehabilitation physicians and geriatricians
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced rehabilitation physician
- Appropriate registration with the New Zealand Medical Council as a Medical Specialist.
- Appropriate membership in Professional Bodies (i.e., Medical indemnity insurance etcetera, College)
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes at Taupo.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Applications close on Sunday 14 February 2018. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate the vacancy number (SMO29-17) and job title in the subject line.
Job no: SMO29-17
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: 14 February 2018