House Officer (PGY2+) – fixed term starting 28 May 2018
Home to the NZ government; a cultural epicentre of New Zealand, renowned for its cafes, nightlife, restaurants, harbour and proximity to vineyards, with a vibrant city life, host to numerous cultural events. It consistently scores globally as a popular city and has recently been named as the world’s most liveable city. Join our fellow 480 Resident Medical Officers across the Wellington region to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
About our opportunities
- Fixed-term House Officer opportunities for PGY2+
- Commencing 28 May 2018 to 25 November 2018
- Allocations throughout Wellington, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Masterton Hospitals
We are seeking Post Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) House Officers to start on a fixed-term contracts until the end of quarter 4 (25 November 2018).
Our House Officer positions are rotational across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Hutt Valley and Masterton Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time with us. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate all preferences you have made.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY2/F2 or above by the role commencement date. Please note that these roles are not appropriate for PGY1's or for those who have yet to obtain General Endorsed Registration.
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/.
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.
What’s in it for me?
We allow and support opportunities for advancement with many of our House Officers progressing to our competitive Registrar positions across the region. We offer weekly teaching sessions on diverse topics to support your on-going medical education. Our rotational agreement with Hutt Valley and Masterton will see you serve a diverse population and allow you to gain experience and exposure to a large variety of cases in other hospitals.
How to apply?
If you wish to express your interest and you meet
the criteria above, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Contact details for three consultants as referees that have supervised your day-to-day clinical work, one must be from your current or most recent employer.
Should you have any difficulties or have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Thomson at RMO_recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz quoting the vacancy reference number and job title in the subject
Fixed Term/Full Time
Job no: RMO_006_18
Location: Hutt Valley, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Wairarapa, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 February 2018