Nurse Manager, Emergency Department
Wellington Hospital Emergency Services are looking for an energetic, forwarding thinking, innovative experienced Senior Nurse who can join our team as Nurse Manager. You will work with our leadership and management team to lead the continuing development of our Emergency Nursing Services. Based in ED you will be an excellent role model, who is passionate about promoting quality and safety in emergency care. You will be leading a large team of nurses in ensuring the very best standards of care and experience for our patients.
In addition to the emphasis on the ED nursing service, the Nurse Manager in ED has a close working relationship with the Clinical Leader in the running of the emergency service including working with members of the medical team in the Emergency Department.
The successful candidate will require:
• Significant leadership and management experience, including staff management and conflict resolution
• Clinical knowledge and experience in Emergency Nursing
• Superior communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across disciplines
• High level skills in planning, reviewing, analysing, financial management and allocation of resources
• Demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical decision making, planning and implementation
• Understanding of health policy and trends and their application at an organisational level
• Post graduate qualification or equivalent experience
Are you ready for your next challenge? If so, then this really could be the role for you.
Overseas applicants should first establish their eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and further information is available on www.nursingcouncil.org.nz.
Applications will not be accepted via email, applications will only be accepted via the CCDHB careers portal. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button (applications for positions will not be accepted unless accompanied by one).
For further information on this role, please email Recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and please indicate vacancy number and job title in the subject line.
Applications close on the 24th October 2017.
Location: Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Tuesday, 24 October 2017