Obstetrics & Gynaecology Registrar – Expression of Interest
Home to the NZ government; a cultural epicentre of New Zealand, renowned for its cafes, nightlife, restaurants, harbour and proximity to vineyards, with a vibrant city life, host to numerous cultural events. It consistently scores globally as a popular city and has recently been named as the world’s most liveable city. Join our fellow 480 Resident Medical Officers across the Wellington region to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
About our opportunities
- Fixed-term and Permanent opportunities available
- Allocations available at Hutt Valley Hospital and Wellington Regional Hospital
- Commencing as soon as possible
- Suitable for PGY4 and above Resident Medical Officers with at least 2 years previous O&G experience
The Women’s Health Service operates across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional and Hutt Valley Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time with us. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate all preferences you have made.
The multidisciplinary team in Wellington Regional Hospital's Women's Health Service is dedicated to ensuring excellence in Obstetric and Gynaecological care. The service provides an integrated mix of inpatient/outpatient/day patient and domiciliary services. Services are delivered in Wellington and Kenepuru Hospitals, Kapiti Health Centre, outreach clinics and domiciliary Midwifery services.
Ambulatory services include a comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound service to support our tertiary maternal fetal medicine service, Gynaecologic oncology, Women's Health Acute assessment service and a wide range of outpatient Obstetric and Gynaecological services. There is a regional counselling and termination of pregnancy service.
Serving a population of 139,000 Hutt supports 2,200 deliveries and we perform more than 500 elective gynaecological procedures per annum. This is a great time to join us as we have a world-renowned plastic and burns unit, regional rheumatology and public health services, and all our specialties have a strong focus on excellence and innovation.
Hutt Hospital lies four kilometres from the northern shores of the beautiful Wellington Harbour; just 15 minutes' drive from the centre of our nation's vibrant and exciting capital city. You'll love working with us. We have a great team, a culture that values and involves people and a reputation for our relationships with our community and our willingness to take the initiative.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY4/F4 or above by the role commencement date
- Candidates must have at least 2 years previous experience working within Obstetrics & Gynaecology as this role partakes in the after-hours roster
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/.
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.
How to apply?If you wish to express your interest and you meet the criteria above, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Contact details for three consultants as referees that have supervised your day-to-day clinical work, one must be from your current or most recent employer.
Permanent/Full Time, Fixed Term/Full Time
Job no: EOI_006_17
Location: Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 February 2018