Paediatric Senior House Officer or Registrar - fixed-term starting 26 February 2018
Home to the NZ government; a cultural epicentre of New Zealand, renowned for its cafes, nightlife, restaurants, harbour and proximity to vineyards, with a vibrant city life, host to numerous cultural events. It consistently scores globally as a popular city and has recently been named as the world’s most liveable city. Join our fellow 480 Resident Medical Officers across the Wellington region to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
About our opportunities
- Relief Paediatrics Senior House Officer or Registrar, fixed-term from 26 February 2018 to 10 June 2018
- Suitable for PGY3 and above
- Allocated to Hutt Hospital
Hutt hospital is a busy regional hospital which provides great general paediatrics experience as well as Level 2 neonatal care. It is a tertiary referral centre for rheumatology and plastic surgery, with local and visiting speciality clinics in paediatric diabetes, adolescent medicine, cystic fibrosis and renal.
Together, Wellington and Hutt Paediatric services offer:
- Friendly approachable senior staff
- The ability to rotate between a 'tertiary' and 'regional' hospital
- A great team atmosphere
- A variety of runs e.g. endocrinology, general paediatrics, MOH, developmental etc.
- The opportunity to work in a great city
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3/F3 or above by the role commencement date
- Candidates must have at least 12 months previous experience working within Paediatrics as this role partakes in the after-hours roster
- You will have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/.
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.
How to apply?
If you wish to express your interest and you meet
the criteria above, then please click the 'Apply Now' button below
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Contact details for three consultants as referees that have supervised your day-to-day clinical work, one must be from your current or most recent employer.
Should you have any difficulties or have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Thomson at RMO_recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz quoting the vacancy reference number and job title in the subject.
Fixed Term/Full Time
Job no: RMO_084_17
Location: Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 February 2018