Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Surgical Registrars: Neurosurgery; Orthopaedics
Surgical Registrars: Neurosurgery; Orthopaedics
- Allocations available in Wellington Regional and Hutt Valley Hospital
Join our Surgical team in the Wellington Regional Hospitals.
Capital & Coast DHB provides secondary and tertiary surgical services across two of its three hospitals. During your time in this role you will:
- Assess elective patients before surgery, and discuss their management with a consultant.
- Perform or assist with acute surgery depending on level of experience.
- Attend planned theatre sessions and conduct such surgical procedures as approved/supervised by the consultant.
- Complete daily examination of inpatients for whom responsible, ensuring their appropriate management.
- Supervise the house-surgeon in the management of patients.
The Wellington Region RMO positions are rotational across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, and Hutt Valley Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time with us. If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description. For the current salary bands, please refer to either the Specialty Trainees of New Zealand (SToNZ) or Resident Doctors’ Association (RDA) Multi-Employer Collective Agreements.
Experience and Eligibility
- Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who will be PGY3/F3 or above by the role commencement date
- You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
- You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. The immigration NZ website can be found at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
Please note - important information for overseas graduates who are applying: The MCNZ method of primary source verification is the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates’ Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (ECFMG’s EPIC) service. if you are successful in obtaining a role in New Zealand, you will be required to have your primary medical degree verified through EPIC. Before MCNZ will start processing your application, you must have had your documents verified by EPIC. If you have would like more information about primary-source verification, please see MCNZs website or EPIC’s FAQ webpage.
What’s in it for me?
- Home to the NZ Government, Wellington is a vibrant place to live and work and has repeatedly been voted as New Zealand’s top lifestyle city. Wellington is considered cultural and creative hub of the country and hosts numerous cultural events as well as live theatre, music and festivals. We are renowned for our café culture, nightlife, fantastic restaurants, sparkling harbour, surf spots, amazing views, outdoor activities and close proximity to vineyards ensuring you are never short of activities to do outside of working hours. For more information about living in Wellington, visit the Discover Wellington website
- You will love working with us as you will have the opportunity to rotate across our three Regional DHBs and includes the possibility of Rural attachments without having to leave the region
- As we are a large employer and include a tertiary hospital, there are vast career progression opportunities available due to the high number of Registrar positions and wide range of specialties across the region. We also ensure that formal and informal teaching sessions are available to all of our RMO’s
Our Hospitals and Services
Join our fellow 535 Resident Medical Officers employed by the 3 District Health Boards of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa DHB’s) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
CCDHB – Wellington Regional and Kenepuru Hospitals
Provides secondary and tertiary surgical services and serves a local population of 296,000 and provides tertiary surgical services to a regional population of over 1 million.
Wellington Regional Hospital is a tertiary hospital with modern facilities including a Surgical Assessment and Planning Unit (SAPU) and offers exciting opportunities and top level training. Kenepuru Community Hospital provides predominantly secondary services catering to the communities north of Wellington, including Porirua and Kāpiti.
HVDHB – Hutt Valley Hospital
Hutt Hospital provides specialist regional services in plastic and maxillofacial surgery. The Hospital employs approximately 1500 staff and currently has around 270 beds with plans to increase this further. The surgical allocation is split between 27 general surgical and gynaecology beds, 22 orthopaedic and 27 plastic surgery beds.
Wairarapa DHB – Masterton Hospital
Wairarapa hospital is a busy rural hospital with up to 92 beds, covering all aspects of secondary health care. There is a full range of secondary level surgical services at Wairarapa Hospital. The resident services of general surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, and orthopaedics are well supported by a team of anaesthetists, radiology (with CT and teleradiology), laboratory and pharmacy services, and allied health disciplines. Visiting specialists support resident services, providing an increasing number of specialties on site including ENT, ophthalmology, urology and plastic surgery, and many outpatient clinics.
How to apply?
- Applications are reviewed as received
If you meet the criteria above and wish to submit a formal application, then please apply now
Upon application you will need to provide:
- Electronic copies of your CV and cover letter. Emailed applications cannot be accepted.
- A copy of Photo Identification (Passport or Drivers Licence)
- Copies of three references on the National Reference Form. Your referees must be consultants who have supervised your day-to-day clinical work and one must be from your current or most recent employer. Reports must be submitted at the time of your application. Incomplete applications cannot be considered
Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa District Health Boards are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) and we acknowledge and celebrate the importance of our people, diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Should you have any
queries about the application form, recruitment process, or would like a copy
of the run description for this role then please do not hesitate to contact us
at RMO_recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz quoting the
vacancy reference number and job title in the subject.
Job no: KIAL9114586
Location: Wellington Hospital, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Hutt Valley, 3DHB Wellington/Hutt Valley/Porirua
Closing Date: Friday, 31 January 2020